Monday, January 21, 2008

My Desire

January 21, 2008

Psalm 19 - ESV
12 Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults.
13 Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins;
let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

This portion of Psalm 19 makes a great morning prayer for all of us:
It starts off asking forgiveness for sins we are yet aware of.
It follows by asking for protection against the sins we struggle with, the ones that put us into bondage and lead us away from the Lord.
The last line just asks to be acceptable to the Lord.

Try to incorporate these three verses into your prayer life. Its very short, but it should be at the very core of our desire: to be forgiven, to be protected, and to be accepted.

No comments: