Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Security that I Can’t Provide

Psalms 61:2 (KJV)
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 

Sometimes one verse can give me much comfort and this is such a case. Just five phrases, but they pack a lot in them:

  1. “From the end of the earth” – Wherever I am,
  2. “Will I cry unto thee” – I can call out to You.
  3. “When my heart is overwhelmed” – When my heart is in anguish:
  4. “Lead me to the rock” – Let me find security,
  5. “That is higher than I” – That is beyond what I can provide.

Have you ever heard the expression, “Let go and let God?” I think this says the same thing. We all have our ways of securing chaotic situation, but the best solution is always to go to the Rock that is higher than us.

No comments: