Tuesday, September 2, 2008

If You Serve the Lord, Don't Give Up

1 Corinthians 15:58 ESV
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

I guess the first question is what is the "work of the Lord?" The second question to ask is, am I doing the "work of the Lord" or am I doing the work of me" to try to please the Lord.

For the most part, that is today's devotional. I will give you a few verses to look up to help answer the questions above, and after you answer the two questions take a good look at your life: do you get burnt out, spread out too thin, discouraged, or just plain tired in your church/ministry? Why?

Ref: Matthew 22:37-39; Matthew 28:19-20; Ephesians 4:11-12; Romans 15:1; Galatians 5:13; 1 Peter 2:9; James 1:27; John 13:34-35; John 14:15.

No comments: