Saturday, November 15, 2008

Content with What You Don't Deserve

2 Corinthians 12:10 ESV
For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Many times in our lives we can find us “I don’t deserve this!” Troubles come and we get upset that they have made their way into our lives. Then I start to think of what I do deserve and realize that Christ took it for me. I deserved death for my rebellion (sin) against God.

With that in mind, how do you take the weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities? Do you see these as personal attacks against you? Or as a chance to see God at work? What brings you more joy, to say “I overcame this” or to say “God truly delivered me”? This is the point being made by this scripture. If we see adversities as a chance to see God at work and God demonstrating His love for us, then we have truly become strong.

No comments: