Thursday, November 20, 2008

Taste and See

Psalm 34:8 KJV
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

I’ve always liked this verse. We focus on knowing God so much, that sometimes we forget to just trust Him and experience His goodness. Just in an overall way – can you taste and see that the Lord is good? What do you taste? Food, of course. Is there a food that you purposely eat in small bites so you can savor it longer? Who made that food so wonderful to you? Who designed your ability to taste? Who cared so much about you to make it so that you could enjoy that taste?

And what about the beauty around you that see? Who designed the mountains, trees, oceans and seas? Who gave the peacock its beautiful feathers? Who made glaciers and put them on their course to cut out valleys?

If the Lord loved us so much to delight our senses, just our senses, how much more does He have for us? When I get a glimpse of God at work I am absolutely thrilled. When He opens up the Bible to me, when I see a life changed or even when I see a sequence of events put into place to protect His people, I am thrilled to witness it.

Trusting the Lord allows you to experience Him, and that my friend beats any taste or any sight that my mere senses can experience.

No comments: