Sunday, November 30, 2008

Where is Your Hope?

Psalm 38:12-15 KJV
12 They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
13 But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
14 Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
15 For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.


When there are those who are just "out to get you," how do you respond? Do you give yourself over to them? I mean, do you let whatever that is going on put you in bondage? Do you get obsessed with what they may be saying about you? What they may be saying about others? What they think of you? (See verse 12)


How do you break that grip? (See verse 13-14) Ignore the insults and keep your mouth shut, unless you are willing to step into the same trap that they stepped in. Place yourself in the hands of God; He is the one whose opinion of you is important.

No comments: