Wednesday, December 10, 2008

God Answers Prayer

1 Chronicles 4:10 ESV
Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked.

God always answers prayer. I realize that there was a book written on this one verse, but I’d like to talk about what it says to me. God sometimes gives us exactly what we ask. God sometimes says “no.” He may have something totally different in mind for us (1 Chr 14:14-15). And sometimes He will just want us to wait. God answers our prayers: sometimes yes, sometimes no, and sometimes not yet. We just need to be satisfied that He has what is best for us in all situations (Rom 8:28).

No comments: