Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Remember God

Psalm 50:22-23 KJV
Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver. 
[23] Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God. 

Having read today’s passage, you may find verse 22 rather harsh. But, when we continue to verse 23 we see the proper road to take instead of forgetting God. Praising God and choosing a righteous life (ordereth his conversation aright) is how we remember Him.

Why do I bring this up? The same reason it is found in God’s word: we tend to forget God. How often do you praise God for the little victories? I honestly praise Him when He touches my heart with His Word – for confirmation or correction, I am always excited that He chooses to talk to me. When my seven year old daughter chooses a Christian program for entertainment instead of Scooby Doo or Spongebob. When God reminds me to take the right action. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 has always been a favorite verse of mine. It also serves as a reminder that everything that I do or can do is because He has enabled or allowed me to do so. He is awesome.

No comments: