Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Led by the Father

Psalms 73:23-24 (KJV)
Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
[24]Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

There are verses in the Psalms that always comfort me. These two verses are no exception. Four thoughts to remember when things are tough:

  • I am continually with God (because Jesus reconciled me unto Him)
  • He secures me by my right hand (right hand being a symbol of strength – He is my strength)
  • He is my guide through His Word
  • When the pilgrimage on this world is done He has prepared a place for me in Heaven.

Let’s just say over the last month or two (or week) everything started going wrong in your world: the water heater broke, the car battery died, you had an bug infestation, your son’s Xbox just bit it and the warranty isn’t being honored, your health has been a roller coaster, etc., etc.; the Father is there for you to guide you through: He will never leave you or forsake you; His strength is made perfect through weakness; His Word is always a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path; and when all is said and done, He waits to receive us into glory. Keep this in mind when the hiccups of life on this world occur so you can become more than a conqueror through Christ.

No comments: