Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rejoice in Giving

1 Chronicles 29:9 (ESV)
Then the people rejoiced because they had given willingly, for with a whole heart they had offered freely to the LORD. David the king also rejoiced greatly.

When is the last time you rejoiced when the plate was passed around? Truthfully think about this. Do you give because you have to or because you want to? (2 Corinthians 9:7). Sometimes it becomes a habit for me and I forget that giving is worship. When I give I acknowledge that the Lord is my sustenance (Matthew 6:11; John 4:34; Philippians 4:19). When I give I remember the blessings and how God has continually and faithfully provided needs. I remember what Christ gave for me on the cross and I acknowledge that everything including me (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) belong to God.

Why should I rejoice when I give? Because He has given me so much, with the most important gift is His love shown through the grace imparted to me by the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ to restore me to God the Father.

No comments: