Friday, June 27, 2008

Combatting Troubles

Psalm 119:50
This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

This is a rather short one today - this verse pretty much says it all: if I'm afflicted, God's word gives me life. God's word is the answer if we are facing difficult people, situations, and even sins. Whatever flies at us, we can use God's word not only as a sword to combat, but a shield to protect us. And more times it is often ourselves that we have to protect against. Ps 119:11.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is your Aunt Sue and I can't think of anyones devoitional I had rather read than yours..Thanks so much.. i'll come here often!! we have an 18 year old grandson living with me that has some problems and we could use all the prayer we can get..for his salvation..