Friday, June 20, 2008

The Right Desire

Psalm 119:1-3
Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord!
2 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, 3 who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways!

Recently I have tried with a renewed effort to manage my diabetes. This means I have to have diligence on tracking my blood sugar readings. Being consistent with taking my medications. Watching my diet and getting regular exercise.

I take six pills and three shots each day. My ultimate goal is to reduce that. Each medication has it's own side effect. Each medication is needed because of my weight - or at least my abundance of weight.

To achieve this goal it takes diligence. Its just not taking the meds when I get up in the morning - it includes planning my meals; finding physical activities that I enjoy doing and sticking to them; carrying extra insulin and needles when I go out to eat. I also track my exercise and weight. It comes down to the fact that I have to be consumed with healthy living if I want to be healthy.

And there's the conviction. Am I that way with the Lord? Am I consumed by wanting Him? It's more than just reading a little bit of the Bible in the morning and following up with a little bit of prayer. It's being consumed with walking in His ways. Being consumed with learning His Word. Basically, seeking Him with your whole heart.

No comments: