Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Don't Rely On Appearances

Joshua 9
14 So the men took some of their provisions, but did not ask counsel from the Lord. 15 And Joshua made peace with them and made a covenant with them, to let them live, and the leaders of the congregation swore to them.

I suggest reading all of Joshua 9 to get the whole story, but verses 14 & 15 show the mistake made. Israel was deceived into peace because it acted without consulting the Lord. Joshua relied on his own perception. And that perception was wrong.

I'm learning this lesson more and more every day - how I perceive any situation is nothing compared to what my Lord knows. And that's the difference, I perceive but the Lord knows. Who would you rather rely on?

And not only in a situation like this but every situation, bring it before the Lord.

No comments: